fredag 18 juni 2010

Healing, angels and other superstitious nonsense

Dear Ardeshir and Bahman

In ALL Indo.-European cultures, forces of nature are given PERSONALITIES as to be explained.
This does NOT mean that they actually ARE or are INTENDED TO BE PERCEIVED as personalities.
Zarathushtra was actually VERY clear about this: Whatever Mazda IS, this is what it IS, it is NOT what we GUESS it to bem, IT IS WHATEVER IT IS!!!
To be a Mazdayasni, a true Mazdayasni, is therefore to be INTELLIGENT ENOUGH (in other words: To use YOUR VERY OWN MIND WISELY) to UNDERSTAND that REALITY is more important than your very own private guesses of what somebody believed 3,000 years ago.
STOP READING THE GATHAS THE WAY MUSLIMS ARE READING THE QORAN!
Read it WIT your minds in FULL USE. Not with your midns TURNED OFF. OK?
Read The Gathas as if you are HAVING A CONVERSATION with its author, not as if he is some stupid messiah giving you orders what to believe.
Otherwise, you are as silly as fundamenalist Muslims and Christians and I will lose all hope of ever being able to share religigion with you guys with my decency intact. Honestly!
This is not about etymology, Ardeshir, this is about saving us all from shortsighted idiocy.

Ushta
Alexander

2010/6/18 ardeshir farhmand
- Dölj citerad text -

Dear Alexander,

so to be clear are u saying that"limited human mind" is mazda????? and before humanity there was no mazda?????? is this mind something wholly human or includes other known/unknown intelligences???? furthermore, can u tell me how u equate mazda with mind/limited human mind etymologically????



On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Bahman Noruziaan wrote:

Alexander:

The history of Zoroastrianism proves that this statement of yours:
"this is why he presented and preached a new religion called MAZDYASNA (The Worship of Mind)." is false!
He preached a religion in which a being is the source of existence and mind, an he called it, Mazda or Mazda Ahura!
Calling your religion of worship of mind as Mazdayasna, is very misleading indeed!

Regards




To: Ushta@yahoogroups.com
From: bardissimo@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:51:56 +0200
Subject: [Ushta] Healing, angels and other superstitious nonsense


Let me just once anf or all state the very BASIC PREMISE of all Zarathustra's teachings:
Zarathushtra believed in the power of the sound mind, this is why he pressnted and preached a new religion called MAZDYASNA (The Worship of Mind).
Zarathushtra was not interested in HIS OWN BELIEFS. He was totally obsessed with TRUTH adn perfectly open to the possibility that his beliefs may be wrong but that THE POWER OF MIND would always rule at the end of the day.
Whether ZAATHUSHTRA believed in the existence of angels or not is therefore of NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER, neither for us and NEITHER FOR ZARATHUSHTRA HIMSELF.
Zarathushtra wanted us to follow HIM as WORSHIPPERS OF MIND. He did NOT, I repeat NOT, want it to SLAVISHLY copy HIS BELIEFS or the beliefs of his contemporaries.
Rather he wanted US to PROVE HIM WRONG!!! This would make him HAPPY! Because only by following Zarathushtra IN ATTITUDE are we true ZOROASTRIANS.
It totally and absolutely beats me that after all these years Parviz and Arthur and Rory and Dino and a few others are CAPABLE of understanding the very basic premise of ZARATHUSHTRA's TEACHINGS.
Too many people still want to make Zarathushtra into a boring know-it-all divine messiah figure.
But HE WAS NOT and he was very VERY clear on this point.
Have I made myself clear on what Mazdayasna is all about?
As for angels, people who still believe in the existence of angels in 2010 are complete and utter idiots! Hiding behind quotes from 3,000 years ago to defend such nonsense only makes it even more idiotic. And that's that.
Ushta
Alexander

2010/6/17 Bahman Noruziaan

Hello Alexander,

Ignoring the word angel that in my opinion reflects the Abrahamic view of spiritual world (mainyoo in Zoroastrian teminology), how do you know that Zarathushtra did not beleive in other spiritual entities? How are you so ceratin?

Regards
Bahman


To: Ushta@yahoogroups.com
CC: mehrdad.12@gmail.com
From: bardissimo@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:54:21 +0200
Subject: [Ushta] Healing, angels and other superstitious nonsense


Dear Friends
Well, I certainly do not believe in the existence of any angels and neither did Zarathushtra.
This may be popular within some folk religion, but it is not a practice that we as contemporary science-minded Zoroastrians should endorse. Angels are humbug.
That's my ten cents on this issue.
Ushta
Alexander

2010/6/16 ardeshir farhmand

Dear Zaneta


the spell/formual manthra for well-being/weal is traditionally Yasna 68.11. also according to vendidad Yasna 54.1 has healing energy. In addition, a less known, but extremely powerful formula is Yasna 31.21.

the spells/formulas/manthras MUST be chanted in the holy speech or the mysterious, ancient and most enchantingl avestan language.

regarding choosing a divine attribute/angel by each zoroastrian, the practice is well and alive among the iranians. this is reported in a number of places including revayats and sad-dar or one hundred gates, but the source is the gathic commentaries book of SUDGAR.

if u need the correct spelling of the above prayers with the actual umlauts, let me know and i will send them to u privately.

ardeshir


On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:53 AM, yazed kapadia wrote:


This is a prayer that we have been taught to pray daily for the good health and well being of the family. It is also chanted on special occasions for the well being of the whole community.

Yezad
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Zaneta Garratt wrote:


Hi,
Here is a question that has puzzled me and I wonder if someone could tell me more-

The beautiful prayer-
Doa Tan-Dorostri (blessing)-at-

http://www.avesta.org/ka/ka_part1.htm#doatan

is as I understand it used as a healing and also a blessing prayer-is this correct? Do folk pray this prayer themselves if they or another are sick or does the priest pray it for them?

Also there are a number of places in the Gathas that speak of wholeness/healing-can you use these verses in prayer for healing?Is it best to say them in Avestan?

Also the Yazata-

Airyaman:
Yazad of friendship and healing. (Indo-Iranian in origin) –

Is also connected to healing somehow?

I would be grateful if someone could describe how healing prayers are said and when and by whom?
Sorry I know so little about this-also this passage is of interest-

In practice (cf. Sad Dar, chapter 26), Zoroastrians pick a patron angel for their protection, and throughout their lives are careful to observe prayers dedicated to that angel.
http://www.avesta.org/angels.html


Do folk carry out this practice still today?


Best wishes from zaneta

1 kommentar:

Unknown sa...

i have a miracle testimony to share with everyone, is the only lord who could ever get my HIV cured with his healing prophet saibaba who prayed for me, I have tried almost everything but I couldn’t find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, I always spend a lot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day I was just browsing on the internet when I come across a great post of! jessy! who truly said that she was having a relationship problem with her husband which will lead to divorce and after the prophet prayed the marriage was settled, sometime I really wonder why people called him prophet saibaba I never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so I quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing I will never forget that anyone who contacted him is! always getting his or her healing in just believing and have faith after doing all he ask you, so I was amazed all the time I heard that from him, so I did all things only to see that i should do, all the strength that has left me before rush back and I becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so I went to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said I am HIV negative, I am very amazed and happy about the healing from the lord through prophet saibaba gave to me, you can email him now for your own healing too at templesaibaba@yahoo.com