söndag 20 september 2009

Zoroastrianism and Process Philosophy Part 2

I totally agree! And I do not count Heidegger among "the Zoroastrian thinkers of the west". But it is interesting that Heidegger understood the major difference between Plato's worldview and Heraclitus' worldview (and sided with Heraclitus thereby breaking with Kant and Hegel) and could see the difference among the Greeks between "thinking Egyptian" and "thinking Persian". This was my point with adressing Heidegger on this issue.
The older Heidegger is btw far more interesting than the young romantic Heidegger. Rather a lot like Wittgenstein. He must have regretted his flirt with Nazism enormously.

Ushta
Alexander

2009/9/20 Special Kain


Frankly, I've never liked Heidegger. And I think that Deleuze got much closer to Nietzsche's thought than Heidegger did. I agree with Richard Rorty that Derrida succeeded where Heidegger had (slightly) failed, but that's probably purely a matter of taste.
I 100% agree that "transhuman" is a far better - if not the best! - translation of "Übermensch". It's a trans-human being that we don't know much about. "Superman" doesn't help, "Overman" doesn't really make any sense to me.

Ushta, Dino

Inga kommentarer: