söndag 24 april 2011

The Difference between Zoroastrianism and the Abrahamic faiths

Dear Parviz

You're being deeply unfair. Daniel is not playing word games.
If you didn't understand what he wrote, say so, but don't accuse him of playing word games just because YOU didn't get what he was saying. You're beginning to sound like Ronald Delavega here.
And as for the restroom analogy. Zarathushtra would have said that restrooms are placed in different places depending on the architectural design which varies from place to place. He would then have told you to ask the usher for the way to the restroom.
While Jesus and Moses and Muhammed would have told you exactly where the restroom was with you finding any restroom in that location being very very unlikely. That's the difference between Zoroastrianism and Abrahamism.
Which director would you prefer?

Ushta
Alexander

2011/4/23 Parviz Varjavand

Dear Daniel,

I wish that even as an exercise in the absurd, you would have obliged me and given my questions some kind of a straight answer. Suppose I ask a park attendant the direction to the park's restrooms and he tells me that since I can never actually get to those restrooms, it would be pointless for him to give me directions to them. His argument that since while traveling to the restrooms, at some point my distance to those restrooms becomes half as much as my distance to those restrooms, I can then logically never get there because there will always be another half distance that I have not traveled yet! There I stand wetting my pants in anxiety over the most basic of questions by which religions have kept mankind hostage ever since the dawn of time, and instead of straight answers, you play word games that works only in their favor so that they can go on keeping the fools hostage longer.

Parviz

--- On Sat, 4/23/11, Daniel Samani wrote:

From: Daniel Samani
Subject: Re: [Ushta] Daniel and Mazdaism
To: Ushta@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 1:20 PM

I don't really know what to say dear Parviz. I have already pointed out that we are concerned with HOW values are legetmized and not what values, or why we use these values. OFC as you may point out, this can be applyed to other knowleage like facts about the world. That branch is called science, I can't give better answer then science does when it comes to facts.

As far as science is concerned we apply the scientific method to gain knowledge. THATS HOW!!! Just as an side note, you seam to have an categorical mindset to ethics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorical_imperative

I regonized this as you applied the pragmatist maxim on your categorical reasoning. But, one have to understand that an pragmatist worth the name view things in regards to habits, and not categorical absoluts. You see we indeed doesn't have free will, we are creatures of habites just as all other animals are. We can only do what we as humans KNOW to be the best action according to the values that we cherries (why then not have values that works?? ;)) ).

One thing that seprerates the living from the dead is that living creatures make choices. The choices ether don't work satisfactory or they do work brillant. Let's take the plant as an example, it's living in the sense that it can make choices. It choses to grow towards the light, if it wouldn't have done this it would have died eventially in the shade. In other words it doesn't work to grow towards the shade. The rocks on the other hand, can't make choices and are therefore effectively dead.

Ushta,

Daniel

2011/4/23 Parviz Varjavand

Dear Daniel,

I must thank you for making me think. I get quite a number of mails, so when you refer to a previous statement, please don't erase the original. For example when you say "Quite a radical statement", I do not know what statement you are referring to.

I believe that when we say "Water does not flow uphill", this is a true statement even though I know that there are many ways that we can make water flow uphill. To teach me how you would respond to some of the questions that religions have kept mankind hostage with for a long time, let me ask them of you and see how you would answer them. Please! shall we try?

Q- Where do we come from?
Q- Where are we going to?
Q- Why were we made?
Q- Who made us and why?
Q- Is there a life after death?
Q- Could Jesus have walked on water?
Q- Is there a Soul separate from the body?
Q- Do Jinns actually exist?

Mehr Afzoon,
Parviz Varjavand

Inga kommentarer: